Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Skating club/USFS membership dues due :P

In order to compete in USFS (United States Figure Skating) events (which I'm not interested in) and take tests for the different levels (which I am interested in), one must be part of a skating club and/or be a member of the USFSA. I belong to such a skating club which incidentally isn't based in my home rink. However, my two coaches belong to this club and they know the people that conduct the test sessions they have, so I figured I would join this one. Anyway, our yearly membership fees of $70 which includes USFS membership are due soon...umm I think actually the deadline has already passed because the membership year runs from 7/1 of the year. I already got the form in the mail but I haven't mailed it in.

Since I am not planning to test again until September (I recently didn't pass my very first test...pre-bronze Moves in the Field test---that will make for another post sometime), it doesn't make a difference whether I send in the check now or next month. However I'll be losing out on a few issues of SKATING magazine (official magazine of the USFSA) but I can live without that. There's no penalty for sending your renewal late neither.

No comments:

Post a Comment